Head of Medical Affairs Jobs, Surrey
Salary: £Competitive plus bonus and car allowance
(Job Ref: WR/JOBS/35336-21297)
To apply or for further information on this vacancy please either:
Flame Pharma has been assigned to recruit The Head of Medical Affairs for a global pharmaceutical company.
The Head of Medical Affairs will be responsible for the leadership of the Medical Affairs Team in the provision of medical information, pharmacovigilance and quality complaints handling. The Head of Medical Affairs will be responsible for the provision of medical affairs support to the sales, marketing and regulatory teams in OU Northwest Europe to ensure we meet/exceed our targets and we are compliant with all relevant legislation and codes of practice
Key aspects of the post
Management Effective leadership, management and development of OU Northwest Europe Medical Affairs team via:
- Ensuring 100% completion of business-aligned performance management reviews and target setting for team members
- Ensuring succession planning and career development strategies in place for the team
- Giving effective coaching and delegating appropriately to develop team
- Allowing and encouraging ’entrepreneurialism’/ideas generation within the team addressing poor performance effectively in line with current company policies
- Recruitment of medical affairs personnel
- Supervision and continuous development of the local pharmacovigilance systems and procedures ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and both global and local SOPs.
- Act as Drug Safety Responsible Person for UK and ROI.
- Provision of a medical information service to internal customers (sales, marketing, regulatory) and to external contacts (healthcare professionals and consumers)
- Responsible for the appropriate handling of all OTC complaints, meeting internal and legal reporting requirements.
- Ensure all medical affairs activities are conducted in line with internal policy and procedures.
Support to Sales and Marketing Manage and continuously develop the provision of a medical affairs service to internal customers (e.g. marketing, sales, regulatory affairs) including:
- Medical input to claims development, creative approvals and PR activities
- Expert input to data and literature evaluation, making clear to the business the impact of any findings
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation and industry Codes of Practice Act as internal and/or ABPI signatory for promotional materials as appropriate.
Support to OTC innovation initiatives Manage medical affair activities in supporting innovative initiatives and effectively work with local and regional/global colleagues in delivery of such initiatives including:
- Scientific evaluations of new claims and line extension possibilities and New Project Development opportunities.
- Input into the best regulatory strategy for registration of new products or line extensions in order to speed up OTC launches.
- Ensuring local regulatory submissions are timely and secure the best possible labelling for the country.
- Scientific support in contacts with Health Authorities and related authorities Interface with the medical and healthcare community.
- Develop and maintain contacts with Specialists in appropriate fields and Trade Associations to further the interests of NCH and for expert consultation and for assistance/ localisation in Company clinical trials, symposia, meetings, etc.
Manage and develop the training delivered by the medical affairs team ensuring the use of high quality briefing and training materials including:
- company pharmacovigilance training
- internal training on medical aspects of products or therapeutic areas
- Therapeutic Area medical leadership, training and support to internal and external customers.
- Supports the clinical Project Manager in the design and delivery of trials where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain medical and scientific awareness of the Consumer Health product portfolio.
- Support the delivery of brand operational plans.
- Assist in issues of management where necessary
Key requirements of the post holder
- BSc (essential) and medical degree (desirable)
- Extensive experience within the pharmaceutical sector in a similar role is essential
- High quality medical information provision to all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrable continuous development of medical information and medical affairs provision.
- High quality medical affairs input into Sales, Marketing and Regulatory Affairs work.
- Effective relationship with internal customers