Pharmaceutical - Global Vice President Operational Services Job, Northern Ireland
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
(Job Ref: WR/JOBS/35544-21545)
To apply or for further information on this vacancy please either:
Flame Pharma is recruiting a strategic, key appointment for a leading client in Northern Ireland.
The Vice President Operational Services will report to the CEO and have responsibility for global engineering, facilities and HSE functions. This key role will provide strategic direction and leadership to the relevant business areas.
Key aspects of the Vice President Operational Services opportunity
- Within their scope of functional responsibilities, work closely with senior management in all business units to seek guidance on internal customer requirements and priorities, and will provide professional advice, guidance and cost effective solutions to meet the needs of the business units.
- Establish and maintain a culture of continuous improvement towards best current Pharmaceutical maintenance and engineering practices, providing personal development opportunities for employees within these functions.
- Provide direction, manage and oversee the successful delivery of projects involving the planning, design, reconfiguration or construction and qualification of facilities, plant and utilities to achieve compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring all buildings and plant are compliant with all regulatory requirements and to act as the key contact within Engineering during regulatory and customer audits.
- Will act as a strategic procurement partner together with senior management of all business units to ensure the most cost effective and timely solutions are purchased and delivered.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan to ensure that all global sites, facilities, and equipment are fully integrated within the business to enable corporate and business unit goals to be achieved.
- Direct and manage the HSE function within the company to develop a behavioural safety culture and to ensure the company executes and develops its environmental strategy.
- Be directly responsible for the management of internal maintenance, engineering, HSE and facilities company resources (assets, financial and personnel), external professional engineering, HSE and facilities providers and other firms as part of the execution of equipment, facilities or utility modification / upgrade, or expansion projects.
- Responsibility for and review of ongoing preventative maintenance programmes relating to all plant and ensuring they meet regulatory requirements.
- Be accountable for engineering and site capital project budgets and will build long term engineering capital plans.
- Ensure all work is carried out and equipment installed safely, effectively, and in compliance with the appropriate industry and environmental standards.
- Ensure all systems and recording requirements for documents, test results, risk assessments, etc. are kept accurately and securely.
Key requirements of the Vice President Operational Services opportunity
- An advanced degree in an engineering related subject
- Have held a senior level Engineering or Maintenance Management role within a Pharma, Medical Device or other GMP regulated environment
- Development of engineering, HSE and facilities strategy related to corporate strategic aims
- Deep understanding of engineering best practices and evidence of application into operational effect with positive outcomes
- Global experience including the US would be beneficial
- Experience of maintenance systems in a commercial drug substance or drug product environment